High Line Car House


It all started when...

High Line Car House was built in 1873 as a car house and horse barn for Columbus’ streetcar system. Even when the last horse car line was electrified in 1892, the streetcar company still had use for horses. They were used for pulling construction wagons and over-head electrical line repair wagons. Columbus’ High Street streetcar line operated until 1947 when it was converted into a diesel trolly bus line - a precursor to today's COTA bus transit system. The name High Line Car House pays homage to Columbus' streetcar system and the important High Street line.